The Riberry Bramble
- 20ml Currong Comestibles Riberry Shrub
- 4-5 frozen mixed berries
- 45ml Botanic Australis Gin
- Dash of sugar syrup* (optional)
Muddle berries and Riberry Shrub in a cocktail shaker.
Add the Gin (and sugar syrup*)
Shake over ice and strain into a ‘rocks’ glass.
Fill with crushed ice.
(*to make sugar syrup dissolve 1 part white sugar with 1 part boiling water)
The Riberry Collins
The days are getting longer, the air is getting chillier. Time to think about ‘traditional’ cocktails.
Here’s one of our favourite cocktails designed by Nip of Courage’s Kathleen D., and served at Top Shelf trade show. (And don't forget to use a local spirit like our choice Stone Pine Dry Gin!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (1 jigger) Stone Pine Dry Gin
- 1 ounce Currong Comestibles Riberry Shrub
- Club soda or seltzer water
1 lemon slice for garnish
In a tall glass stir together the lemon juice and the sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the Stone Pine Dry Gin, Riberry Shrub and enough ice cubes to fill the glass to three quarters full.
Stir to combine.
Riberry Shrub + Vodka + a splash of Vermouth = The Perfect Cocktail
Turn the traditional vodka and orange juice, Screwdriver (1 parts vodka + 2 part orange juice + ice) into a BrisVegas by adding 1 part Currong Comestibles Rainforest Lime Shrub.
So much flavour you might even want to reduce the vodka!
- Combine Moonshine, Vermouth and Riberry Shrub in cocktail shaker and shake to mix.
- Strain into glass with ice.
- Top with BEE Mead and stir to mix.
CC Espresso Ribertini
- Combine Vodka, Coffee, Vermouth and Shrub in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice cubes and shake for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into chilled martini style glass, add garnish (optional) and serve.\
- Your choice of wine (We love A.Retief’s ‘Winbirra’ Rosé from Urban Winery)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Riberry Shrub
- Splash of Cherry Heering liqueur added to the fruit
- Just freeze the rosé wine overnight. (It won’t freeze completely because of the rosés’ alcohol content.)
- In the meantime hull and slice the strawberries (5 - 6).
- Mix with 30ml of the Riberry Shrub and 15ml of Cherry Heering liqueur. Set aside.
- When you’re ready to serve assemble your Frosé cocktail. Start with the frozen rosé then add a quick layer of the marinated fruit.
- Next a layer of frozen rosé and another layer for fruit. Keep going until you reach the top of your glass, finishing off with the frozen rosé. Garnish with a strawberry!
Top off the drink with the club soda or the seltzer water, stir well, and garnish it with the lemon slice.
Makes 1 drink.
MMMS = 3MS
Moonshine, Midori, Winter Melon Tea & Rainforest Lime Shrub
45ml (approx.) Winter Melon Tea (Yeo’s)
- Combine Moonshine, Midori and Rainforest Lime Shrub in cocktail shaker and shake to mix.
- Strain into glass with ice.
- Top with Winter Melon Tea and stir to mix.
Sydney Sunday Simple & Sexy
3 - 4 Mint Leaves
- Add all ingredients to shaker with ice and shake to mix well.
- Strain and pour into martini style glass with crushed ice.
Happy Any Day Riberry Rose
15ml Sugar Syrup
30 ml Lemon Juice
Rose Petal garnish
- Add ingredients to shaker and shake to mix well.
- Double strain and pour into glass.
- Garnish with Rose Petal.
Celebrate Botanic Garden
30ml Elderflower Syrup
Juice of half a lime
2 slices of cucumber
Dash of soda
- Muddle all ingredients (apart from soda) together.
- Shake with ice.
- Single strain into a small glass and top with soda (about 30ml).
2016 - Up & Running The Lilly Pilly
5-6 Mint Leaves (fresh)
45 ml Club Soda (approx.)
- Half fill Old Fashioned glass with Ice
- Add Riberry Shrub.
- Add 4-5 fresh Mint Leaves and stir briskly (or muddle) to crush mix leaves and Shrub.
- Top with Club Soda.
- Add single Mint Leaf for garnish.
Luv Postcode 2044 Sydney Shandy
250 ml Albo Corn Ale (Willie the Boatman)
15 ml Rainforest Lime Shrub
50 ml* Sparkling Mineral Water OR Tonic Water
- Pour ingredients into glass in order listed.
- Stir to mix. *(Optional. Add if you prefer a 'lighter' shandy.)
Hello Winter- Hot Toddy
45ml Crazy Uncle Moonshine
30ml Hot Water
20ml Riberry Shrub
Lemon slice to garnish
- Gentle heat Water to just below boiling.
- Rinse heatproof glass with warm water and dry.
- Pour warm Water into glass, followed by Crazy Uncle Moonshine.
- Stir in the Honey, followed by the Riberry Shrub.
- Mix well to dissolve Honey and top with Lemon slice garnish.