The days are getting longer, the air is getting chillier. Time to think about ‘traditional’ cocktails.
Here’s one of our favourite cocktails designed by Nip of Courage’s Kathleen D., and served at Top Shelf trade show. (And don't forget to use a local spirit like our choice Stone Pine Dry Gin!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (1 jigger) Stone Pine Dry Gin
- 1 ounce Currong Comestibles Riberry Shrub
- Club soda or seltzer water
- 1 lemon slice for garnish
In a tall glass stir together the lemon juice and the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add the Stone Pine Dry Gin, Riberry Shrub and enough ice cubes to fill the glass to three quarters full. Stir to combine. Top off the drink with the club soda or the seltzer water, stir well, and garnish it with the lemon slice.