July is a VERY busy month. If you’re not into skiing, July can be all about short days and cold nights. Just when all you want to do is bundle up and binge watch TV in front of the heater, ‘events’ pop up.
Did you partake in this month’s Dry July for charity? Were you invited to a ‘Christmas in July’ dinner or luncheon? Or maybe you were doing the organising for these events. How did you go?
Our contribution to the menu works for both events. Mulled Apple Hot Toddy is perfect because:
- It’s seasonal thanks to it’s traditional ‘holiday’ flavours and perfect for winter
- It’s non alcoholic
Everyone can enjoy a cup from 4 to 104 (and beyond). Plus it’s quick, easy and inexpensive to make.
Mulled Apple Hot Toddie
1 Litre Apple Juice
3 Tbls Mulling Spices (Herbies)
3 Tbls Riberry Shrub
- Combine all ingredients and microwave for 15 minutes Medium/High
- Cool and refrigerate until needed.
- Reheat approx. 10 minutes on medium/high (microwave) or gently simmer on stove.
- Strain flavour elements out and serve warm.
This mocktail is the reworked traditional Mulled Wine favourite with an added touch of Oz. Our base is Apple Juice and the customary ‘mulling’ spices (cinnamon, allspice orange peel, etc.) thanks to Herbies. We added dried Lemon Myrtle Leaves for their unique citrus flavour and our Riberry Shrub's clove spiciness for a bit of extra Australian flavour.
Remember to serve it warm and don’t forget the presentation. Our cup is the T2 Chai Henna Gold Mug.