If you have seen us at the Markets recently, you’ll already know the ‘news’ that our Spicy Riberry Chutney is bigger and better than ever! It’s now selling in the new, bigger 210g size jar and it’s even easier to enjoy to the very end thanks to its wider ‘mouth’. (And Riberry now matches our Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney that ‘swapped’ jars earlier in the year!)
So how will you be enjoying our very special Chutneys? The spicy, almost ‘Christmas’ flavour of the Spicy Riberry Chutney makes it a favourite for this time of the year. Think of our native Riberry as the Australian answer to cranberries and our Chutney as the perfect Oz cranberry relish/sauce and plate it up with your holiday turkey and lamb.
Here are our top 4 ways to enjoy our Spicy Riberry Chutney!
- Add a ‘smear’ to a sandwich to liven up the flavour. Our Spicy Riberry Chutney is beautiful on Turkey and Brie (instead of cranberry jelly). As a child I loved Cream Cheese & Jelly sandwiches, but my adult tastebuds prefer something ‘less sweet’ and Chutney fits the bill. This relish is also the perfect topping for a Bacon & Egg Roll. (Boxing Day brekkie menu idea?)
- Chutney Cocktails take over where jamtini’s leave off. Less sweet and more flavoursome, they’re the perfect when you want a ‘spice with a touch of sweet’ cocktails. Our favourite is the Oz Red Snapper. This Bloody Mary variation was made for brunch!
- Add a spoonful of Chutney to the pan juices of your next roast to give your gravy a totally new dimension. Chutney is made with vinegar, which is often used to deglaze roasting pans, and our unique spice blends will compliment your roast’s flavours. (Swish the pan juices around in the jar to make sure you don’t waste anything.)
- Bake a cake! It may be an unusual ingredient but it tastes fantastic. Recipes have added jam for ages (remember Nigella’s Marmalade Cake?) so this is a ‘less sweet, more spice’ variation. Our Chocolate Chutney Cake is flavoured with our Spicy Riberry Chutney and it’s cinnamon, clove-like ‘notes’ are perfect for the holiday season. (And since we start with a cake mix this cake is super easy & quick.)
Which one is your favourite?
(PS - We’re keeping our Chutney prices at the same $15. /jar and our Chutney Duos @ $20 until early 2019.)
Want more Chutney ideas? Click here for some other favourite recipe ‘hacks’!
November 11 is Singles Day. And while this new global ‘holiday’ is currently a Chinese phenomenon it’s predicted to be bigger than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined! (Could it be just a matter of time before everyone is celebrating?)
This holiday is NOT political or religious and started back in the 1990’s as a ‘tongue in cheek’ Anti Valentines Day event among university students in ‘celebration’ of their ‘singleness’. It was known as the ‘bare stick’ holiday in recognition of the date (11:11) and the participants.
Adopted by Jack Ma and Alibaba in 2008 it is now the world’s biggest online shopping day and a great excuse to treat yourself (and your friends) to something special. Or maybe get a head start on your Christmas and Holiday shopping lists.
Alibaba goes all out to make it an unique shopping experience too. From Hollywood stars, Chinese celebrities and a host of additional events on the day, participants will know that this is a day to spend big.
It’s been estimated that over 15 million products are expected to be sold in categories as diverse as cosmetics, technology and even automotive. And in 2017 shoppers will also be able to shop in physical stores with Alibaba’s partnership with over 50 shopping malls around China!
Is it time to have a look at your Holiday Shopping List? Don't forget to treat yourself too! Cocktails anyone?
March has arrived with it’s shorter days. And to make matters worse Sydney seems to have been wet (and relatively sunless) for what seems like an eternity.
This week the skies are finally drying out (in patches) so here’s our very special version of an Espresso Martini in celebration!
CC Espresso Ribertini
30 ml Vodka Alaskan Rock Vodka
30 ml Strong Coffee – Serious Deliria Cold Brew
15 ml Vermouth – Maidenii Classic – Australian vermouth
15 ml Riberry Shrub
- Combine Vodka, Coffee, Vermouth and Shrub in cocktail shaker.
- Add ice cubes and shake for 10-15 seconds
- Strain into chilled martini style glass, add garnish (optional) and serve.
The secret ingredient for this special cocktail? Our Riberry Shrub! It’s sweet, tart, clove-like, spicy taste is the perfect counterbalance for Serious Deliria’s full-bodied coffee essence and Maidenii’s Oz botanicals. And the Alaskan Rock Vodka is a great base for this serious combination.
I love this classic variation. The Australian botanicals (including strawberry gum and wattleseed) give just the right mix of sweet and dry to the Maidenii Classic Vermouth. (If you prefer a dryer martini go for their Dry Vermouth but stay with this brand for a unique Australian taste twist.)
Have you tried cold brew coffee? It reminds me of the phrase, ‘Same, same but different’. This special manufacturing process yields a beautiful coffee flavour with added richness and no bitterness and/or burnt taste. I love Serious Deliria and it’s now a pantry staple for my recipes that need a coffee ‘hit’.
Vodka is the preferred base for an espresso martini and Alaskan Rock Vodka is perfect. It’s clean, crisp base lets the other flavours shine! And despite it’s name it’s a local spirit well worth stocking.
So how will you be enjoying your coffee this autumn?
It’s Spring (officially YES, weatherwise NO)!
In honour of the season (let’s think positive) here’s our latest cocktail creation. Super easy to make with only four ingredients and a nice, light flavour that’s not too sweet or alcoholic, just thirst-quenching. Refreshing and even beautiful to look at, you’ll be enjoying the 3MS for the next six months and beyond!
We weren’t sure what to call it so in honour of its components we named it (for now at least) the:
MMMS = 3MS
Moonshine, Midori, Winter Melon Tea
& Rainforest Lime Shrub
30ml Crazy Uncle Moonshine (Whipper Snapper)
15ml Rainforest Lime Shrub
45ml (approx.) Winter Melon Tea (Yeo’s)
- Combine Moonshine, Midori and Rainforest Lime Shrub in cocktail shaker and shake to mix.
- Strain into glass with ice.
- Top with Winter Melon Tea and stir to mix.
Beyond politics we also like the fact that the 3MS flavours are multi-cultural.
Moonshine is traditionally an American spirit. Our Crazy Uncle is from the Whipper Snapper Distillery in WA with a unique and very personal history.
Midori is a melon flavoured Japanese liqueur with a disco heritage.
- Our Rainforest Lime Shrub which is based on a historical American recipe is made from indigenous Australian fruits.
- The mixer is Winter Melon Tea is a popular Asian beverage and ideal for Australian summers.
If only life could be more like our cocktails!