We’re living in unusual (dare we say crazy) times 🤪. In-home isolation with an ad-hoc schedule, my days seem to fluctuate from being very slow or very fast.
To put the time to good use, I’m doing a bit of personal ‘homeschooling’. Since cafes and bars are out, my books of choice over the next few weeks will be my cocktail recipe collection...I’ve commencing with the classic Gimlet.
Read full post →
Send a Gift Card for a Shrub! ...they make perfect Thank You’s. Just select your nominated domination and the ‘Giftee’ can pick their personal selection to be shipped directly to them.
Read full post →
If you have seen us at the Markets recently, you’ll already know the ‘news’ that our Spicy Riberry Chutney is bigger and better than ever!
Read full post →
It’s Spring (officially YES, weatherwise NO)!
In honour of the season (let’s think positive) here’s our latest cocktail creation. Super easy to make with only four ingredients and a nice, light flavour that’s not too sweet or alcoholic, just thirst-quenching. Refreshing and even beautiful to look at, you’ll be enjoying the 3MS for the next six months and beyond!
We weren’t sure what to call it so in honour of its components we named it (for now at least) the:
MMMS = 3MS
Moonshine, Midori, Winter Melon Tea
& Rainforest Lime Shrub
30ml Crazy Uncle Moonshine (Whipper Snapper)
15ml Rainforest Lime Shrub
45ml (approx.) Winter Melon Tea (Yeo’s)
- Combine Moonshine, Midori and Rainforest Lime Shrub in cocktail shaker and shake to mix.
- Strain into glass with ice.
- Top with Winter Melon Tea and stir to mix.
Beyond politics we also like the fact that the 3MS flavours are multi-cultural.
Moonshine is traditionally an American spirit. Our Crazy Uncle is from the Whipper Snapper Distillery in WA with a unique and very personal history.
Midori is a melon flavoured Japanese liqueur with a disco heritage.
- Our Rainforest Lime Shrub which is based on a historical American recipe is made from indigenous Australian fruits.
- The mixer is Winter Melon Tea is a popular Asian beverage and ideal for Australian summers.
If only life could be more like our cocktails!
Want to add quick and easy flavour to your meals? Here’s a very simple, taste booster that’s a favourite on fish and chicken and it works for both grilling and roasting methods. What’s the secret ingredient? Our very own Rainforest Lime Shrub!
Combine equal parts of:
Soy Sauce = ‘salty’ element and heightened flavour
Olive Oil = moistness
Rainforest Lime Shrub = slightly sweet and tart flavours
How much should you make? A simple rule is: 1 tablespoon of each ingredient for each piece of ‘meat’ plus one for the pan. This will make enough marinade to prevent your food drying out while cooking. You can then decide on using ‘as much or as little’ of the pan ‘juices’ as you want on the finished plated dish.
- Add your 3 ingredients to a jar/bottle and shake to mix.
- Pour over your ‘meat/fish’ and let it stand for as much time as available. (This does not need to marinate for any special length of time. Just prepare and leave until you’re ready to cook.)
- Before cooking dust the meat with your favourite herbs for added seasoning (optional).
- If roasting just put the whole pan into the oven and cook as required. (Grilling? Just cook as usual on the grill.)
This was last night’s salmon dinner in 5 VERY Easy Steps
#1 Our 3 marinade ingredients.
The mixture - Equal parts: Soy Sauce, Rainforest Lime Shrub and Olive Oil. Shake to combine.
#2 Here’s the salmon ‘au natural’.
#3 Here it is with the marinade and ready for the final ‘spice sprinkle’.
#4 Ready for the oven.
Bon Appetite and plate up!
#5 Voila! Salmon flavoured with our Perfect Marinade plus (instant) Couscous and sautéed Broccolini. (Ready in under 20 minutes!)