If you have seen us at the Markets recently, you’ll already know the ‘news’ that our Spicy Riberry Chutney is bigger and better than ever! It’s now selling in the new, bigger 210g size jar and it’s even easier to enjoy to the very end thanks to its wider ‘mouth’. (And Riberry now matches our Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney that ‘swapped’ jars earlier in the year!)
So how will you be enjoying our very special Chutneys? The spicy, almost ‘Christmas’ flavour of the Spicy Riberry Chutney makes it a favourite for this time of the year. Think of our native Riberry as the Australian answer to cranberries and our Chutney as the perfect Oz cranberry relish/sauce and plate it up with your holiday turkey and lamb.
Here are our top 4 ways to enjoy our Spicy Riberry Chutney!
- Add a ‘smear’ to a sandwich to liven up the flavour. Our Spicy Riberry Chutney is beautiful on Turkey and Brie (instead of cranberry jelly). As a child I loved Cream Cheese & Jelly sandwiches, but my adult tastebuds prefer something ‘less sweet’ and Chutney fits the bill. This relish is also the perfect topping for a Bacon & Egg Roll. (Boxing Day brekkie menu idea?)
- Chutney Cocktails take over where jamtini’s leave off. Less sweet and more flavoursome, they’re the perfect when you want a ‘spice with a touch of sweet’ cocktails. Our favourite is the Oz Red Snapper. This Bloody Mary variation was made for brunch!
- Add a spoonful of Chutney to the pan juices of your next roast to give your gravy a totally new dimension. Chutney is made with vinegar, which is often used to deglaze roasting pans, and our unique spice blends will compliment your roast’s flavours. (Swish the pan juices around in the jar to make sure you don’t waste anything.)
- Bake a cake! It may be an unusual ingredient but it tastes fantastic. Recipes have added jam for ages (remember Nigella’s Marmalade Cake?) so this is a ‘less sweet, more spice’ variation. Our Chocolate Chutney Cake is flavoured with our Spicy Riberry Chutney and it’s cinnamon, clove-like ‘notes’ are perfect for the holiday season. (And since we start with a cake mix this cake is super easy & quick.)
Which one is your favourite?
(PS - We’re keeping our Chutney prices at the same $15. /jar and our Chutney Duos @ $20 until early 2019.)
Want more Chutney ideas? Click here for some other favourite recipe ‘hacks’!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already the middle of October and Christmas is just a little over 2 months away 🤪! Are you ready?!
To help you (and/or Santa 🎅) prepare your Holiday Gift & Entertaining shopping lists, here’s where you will find us for the rest of the year:
Saturday, October 20 – Northside Produce Market, North Sydney
Sunday, October 28 – Wahroonga Food & Wine Festival, Wahroonga Park
Saturday, November 3 – Carriageworks Farmers Market, Redfern
Saturday, November 17 – Northside Produce Market, North Sydney
Sunday, November 18 – Pop-up @ Williams-Sonoma, Chatswood Chase
Saturday, December 1 – Carriageworks Farmers Market, Redfern
Saturday, December 8 – Pop-up @ Williams-Sonoma, Bondi Junction
Saturday, December 15 – Northside Produce Market, North Sydney
Sunday, December 16 – Pop-up @ Williams-Sonoma, Chatswood Chase
Monday, December 17 – Pop-up @ Williams-Sonoma, Chatswood Chase
(And maybe more. We'll keep you posted!)
Ho Ho Ho & Happy Shopping 🎄
Dry July may be finished but we still ❤️ mocktails! Refreshing and alcohol-free they’re always a favourite thirst quencher. It’s fun to give a classic a local new ‘look and here’s our translation of the timeless Lemon Lime & Bitters combo with a ‘Down Under’ twist!
We start with the traditional LLB 101 recipe. With 3 basic ingredients it’s a quick and easy drink too. Our special ‘flavour difference’ comes from our local Aussie ingredient ‘modifications’. 😋
We have swapped basic lime cordial for very own Rainforest Lime Shrub. Based on a historical recipe and made with the indigenous Australian Bush Limes, its taste is flavourful and uniquely vibrant.
We’ve picked a local (OK Melbourne) instead of the traditional lemonade too. It's a multi-cultural choice, Capi’s Yuzu soda, for a ‘same/same but different’ finish. The Japanese fruit flavoured drink has a lighter taste while still citrus 'tart'.
Our bitters however, are the classic and timeless Angostura. Why play with perfection?! 😍
LLB OZ ‘ified’
20ml Rainforest Lime Shrub (AU tbsp)
4 - 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
30 – 40ml CAPI Yuzu ‘Lemonade’/soda (approx.)
- Add ice to a tall glass.
- Add Angostura Bitters + Rainforest Lime Shrub to ice-filled
- Top with CAPI Yuzu soda.
- Add swizzle stick to stir.
Same, Same – but different!
🤫 Here’s a bit of early news!
The Currong Comestible Chutneys are getting a ‘mini’ makeover!
Our Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney is about to be revealed in a new and totally fabulous way. We’re growing and getting a bit bigger! Our next batch of Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney will be packaged in 210g jars (up from 180g). That’s over 16% more product and flavour in every jar.
Nothing else is changing. The Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney will still have the same great taste, ingredients and recipe, just packaged a bit differently.
Plus, our Chutney is even easier to enjoy thanks, to the new jar’s shape and it’s ‘wider & larger’ mouth. (And Mucho Thanks to our customers for their product feedback. We were listening when you told us that our narrow jars, though stylish, could sometimes make it hard to get to the Chutney at the bottom.)
Will yours’s be the first Rainforest Lime & Mango Chutney sale in our new jar?
(PS – Despite the new bigger size, we’re staying at the current price for the next few months. We’ll let you know when it’s due to increase.)
November 11 is Singles Day. And while this new global ‘holiday’ is currently a Chinese phenomenon it’s predicted to be bigger than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined! (Could it be just a matter of time before everyone is celebrating?)
This holiday is NOT political or religious and started back in the 1990’s as a ‘tongue in cheek’ Anti Valentines Day event among university students in ‘celebration’ of their ‘singleness’. It was known as the ‘bare stick’ holiday in recognition of the date (11:11) and the participants.
Adopted by Jack Ma and Alibaba in 2008 it is now the world’s biggest online shopping day and a great excuse to treat yourself (and your friends) to something special. Or maybe get a head start on your Christmas and Holiday shopping lists.
Alibaba goes all out to make it an unique shopping experience too. From Hollywood stars, Chinese celebrities and a host of additional events on the day, participants will know that this is a day to spend big.
It’s been estimated that over 15 million products are expected to be sold in categories as diverse as cosmetics, technology and even automotive. And in 2017 shoppers will also be able to shop in physical stores with Alibaba’s partnership with over 50 shopping malls around China!
Is it time to have a look at your Holiday Shopping List? Don't forget to treat yourself too! Cocktails anyone?